In August of 2014, we moved into the Airstream. Mae was just 6 weeks old, but after a couple longer trips in our 2012 19' trailer, a loop around the Southwest in 2013 and a longer trip to Canada in 2013, we knew what we wanted to do. Well, we didn't really, but eventually figured it out. We spent 6 months modifying our 2005 International CCD 25' (see our modifications) for full-time living and were ready for a change.
After a Fall of short trips around California and visits with family, we officially hit the road in January of 2015. In the next 22 months, we'd make it from Santa Barbara to Alaska, the Canadian Rockies to Texas, New Orleans to Nova Scotia and back to California. The map is looking pretty good! (sorry, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska)
Zoom in and click on any ADV-O-DNA icon for a link to a blog post, scroll down through the index of Airstream stories below or peruse back through our Instagram feeds in the right column (tho those only started in Canada). We hope you enjoy the adventure.
A few key Airstream Posts
- Re-deciding on a New Tow Vehicle (May 31, 2014)
- 2005 Airstream International CCD 25’ Modifications (January 10, 2014)
- Deciding on a New Tow Vehicle (December 1, 2013)
- A new trailer three states away (November 1, 2013)
- March comes in like a loin, out like a lamb (April 1, 2012)
- We're going Streaming! (June 3, 2012)